How To Get Your Content Indexed Faster By Google
Getting our content indexed is a top priority for all online marketers.
And the faster your content can get indexed the faster that content can start generating traffic.
How many times have you created content only to wait weeks sometimes up to a month before it gets indexed in the search results of Google?
So instead of waiting around for Google to crawl your site and index your content, you can take a proactive approach and use a great little tool inside webmaster tools called Fetch As Google.
This is right from the forum within google webmaster tools explaining the function of fetch as google:
Googlebot constantly crawls and renders URLs across the entire web. Fetching is an operation you run as a user when you use our Fetch as Google tool to retrieve a specific URL. It’s a small-scale simulation of the real deal.
So in a nutshell you can use Fetch as Google to index specific URL’s – in other words your latest pages or posts. And Google says when you use Fetch it will crawl your URL within 1 day.
And that’s a hell of a lot better than waiting weeks for your content to get indexed.
Here’s How To Use The Fetch Tool
1) In order to use the fetch tool you must have a verified website. You can do that through webmaster tools or you can use this link to verify your website or a new website.
2) Log into your webmaster tools.
3) Choose the site you’re going to use the Fetch tool.
4) In the left sidebar you will see the link labeled Crawl. Click on it and then click on Fetch As Google.
5) Enter the URL you wish Google to fetch. You are just entering the URL link do not include your websites URL.
6) Now choose the Googlebot you want to use. Each selection simulates a different browser type. Since we are fetching for our desktop will keep that selection.
7) Now you have a choice. You can use Fetch or Fetch and Render.
- Fetch – this is the option you choose to fetch your page only.
- Fetch and Render – this tells the googlebot to crawl and display your page as browsers would display it to your audience.
Since we just want to have our page crawled we’re going to select Fetch
8) After a successful fetch you will see a green check mark with Complete. You can now submit to index. So click the Submit To Index button.
9) Once you do that a popup window will appear with 2 choices.
- Crawl only this URL – The googlebot will crawl your newest or recently updated page.
- Crawl this URL and it’s direct links – The googlebot will crawl your whole site.
Since we are asking google to index just the page we’ll choose the first option.
NOTE: You can fetch up to 500 pages per month when you choose “Crawl only this URL” and if you choose “Crawl this URL and it’s direct links” you can do this 10 times per month.
10) Once you make your selection and click “Go” you will get a confirmation that your URL has been submitted to googles index.
That’s how easy it is to use the fetch tool inside webmaster tools to get your content indexed faster. Now simply make sure you use fetch every time you create a new page or post.
I hope you found this post helpful. If so, feel free to share it with your audience, and if you have any questions or comments please leave them below.
I believe in you!!